tisdag 19 oktober 2010

Sixteen minutes to Vienna.

Push me out in the rain or drag me in to the sun.
Pull me up on the train instead of watching me run.
Two hundred people lying sleeping outside the central station of Venice.
Tonight the sky's on fire,
four million sparkles lift you higher.
Higher than the highest tower, higher than the moon.
Higher than the highest kid in Pesaro by noon.
A trumpet sounds from up above, to south and north, to east and west.
Brothers fighting building buildings highest builder knowing best.

And pretty far down under, gazing up upon the towers
Lyes Europe's biggest market square, Cracow's greatest pride
And set on stage is the city youth, playing a play in memorial
Of a time they never knew, based on stories they have heard.

Sixteen minutes to Vienna
It's sixteen minutes to Vienna.

I know that we are young and I know that you may love me
When I wake in the morning and I step outside
And I scream from the top of my loungs
Where on earth did we end up?

In a dirty kareoke bar in a basement 
About seven minutes from the heart of Vienna.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar